The SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund was created to help SWAPA members and their families, as well as SWAPA employees and their families, who are facing financial hardship immediately after a natural disaster or an unforeseen personal hardship. The SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund relies primarily on individual donations from Pilots and SWAPA employees to fund this program. Every contribution helps, and when combined with the donations of others, can provide the help a fellow Pilot, staff member, or their family needs when facing the unexpected.
The SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund
A sudden disaster strikes your community or a member of your family faces a personal, financial hardship — whatever the scenario, the SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund can provide a means of immediate financial assistance to SWAPA members and their families in times of need.
The Pilot Relief Fund also establishes a means for SWAPA members to make tax-deductible donations to help other members and their families in the event of emergencies or catastrophic events. Those who qualify will receive a tax-free grant.
The SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund is now set up and fully operational. Our membership and SWAPA staff can both donate as well as apply for a grant.
Donate to the SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund
How to APPLY for a grant
»» Who can apply?
- SWAPA members employed by Southwest Airlines on the date of the application
- SWAPA members on approved medical leave or an approved leave of absence for no more than one year
- SWAPA employees
- In the case of death of a member or employee, eligible dependents may apply
- Click Here for further instructions and the online application
»» What occurred for which you can receive a grant?
»» When can you apply to receive a grant?
|Days after event that application may be submitted
|Application submissions are limited to
||1 every 12 months
|If grant is not approved, applicant may re-apply
||6 months after date of non-approval
|Maximum Grant (at this time)
|Grant payments limited to vendors only
»» Additional Details:
- The review and selection process is administered by the Emergency Assistance Foundation, Inc. (EAF), which is a U.S. 501c(3) tax-exempt, public, nonprofit organization with approval specifically for Employee/Member Hardship and Disaster Relief Funds.
- Once your application is complete, normal turnaround time is within 10 business days. Applicants can view and download their application after it is submitted.
- Your application is confidential, and security of your personal information that the EAF may receive in connection with the SWAPA Pilot Relief Fund will be processed in accordance with the Privacy and Cookie Statement provided on the application.